Saturday, February 5, 2011

Calendar Project

Hi friends!
One of Citrus Tree Studio's featured products right now is this great Wood Perpetual Calendar.


This month I played with the February 'Woven Hearts' kit and now my perpetual calendar looks like this...



The February kit contains beautiful papers from Pink Paislee's Sweetness Collection...so I used those, along with some Making Memories paint (in Rose Petal & Spotlight), matte Mod Podge, JustWrite Journaling Tags from American Crafts and some of my favorite seam binding ribbons! I painted the wood & then painted over it with a water wash...to tone down the paint. I cut pieces of paper to fit the box & adhered those with Mod Podge. After it was dry, I sanded the edges to give it a little softer finish. A really easy & fun project...and wouldn't this make a great gift?! Although...it does look pretty cute on my desk right now! :)
You can find the unfinished Perpetual Calendars on the CTS website.
Happy Crafting!
xoBC

4 comments:

  1. I really love this, Bethany! The soft colored wood against the floral pp is so pretty!! I have one of these wood calendars from CTS - going to a crop in a couple of weeks. This would be a good project to get done there. As always, thanks for the inspiration! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE it! Where might one find this?...

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cute! Turned out great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So creative! What a wonderful project!

    ReplyDelete