Thursday, July 8, 2010

Another Scorcher...and Another Tropical Island

It's gonna be a scorcher here in the Pacific Northwest...and I LOVE IT! It's one of those bright & beautiful mornings. Hello Summer!

As I mentioned in yesterday's post, I've been working on a second mini album. Today we're visiting another tropical island...Fiji! In August of 2007 I went on an amazing trip to Fiji with my friend Mary Ann (it's about time I scrapbook these photos, eh?!). We stayed at the Musket Cove Island Resort on Malolo Lai Lai. It was quite an adventure getting there & once our luggage arrived (24 hours after we did), it was a week of tropical bliss...



For this album I used a 7Gypsies naked envelope album and added additional cardstock pages & postcards.
The envelopes are great for storing additional photos or more trip memorabilia...










I had way too many underwater photos (the snorkeling was AMAZING!),
so I simply sewed a stack of three photos to a page to create a little flip book without taking up more pages in the book.



The island where the Tom Hanks film 'Castaway' was filmed was tiny!! Castaway Island Resort is actually on a different island!



Every resort we went to had these advertising coasters. I saved a few & stitched them to the edges of pages that slid into the envelope pockets. They help tell the story & look cool sticking out of the album too...


Don't those photos make you want a tiny umbrella in whatever you're drinking right now? Hope you enjoyed this little peek at paradise! 

3 comments:

  1. I am so jealous you have been to Fiji. My dream is to get there before my BIL sells his 5-star resort there. I need to go!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an AWESOME mini, Bethany!! Love it.
    (3boymom at Citrus Tree) :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you had a great trip, I'm oh soo jealous! You're album is awesome, great stuff!

    ReplyDelete