Thursday, March 8, 2012

Banners, Banners...Everywhere!

For the Tuesday Tutorial this week over on the Hip 2B Square blog, Melanie shared her love of banners and several cute ways she has incorporated them into her layouts and cards. I'm right there with her & still love this banner trend!

Just go to Pinterest and search 'banners'...the banner inspiration is overwelming (and oh so joyful)!

Source: Pinterest (withtwocats.com)

Source: TheSweetOccasion.com

Source: BHLDN

Source: Pinterest (parishotelboutique.blogspot.com)
Our January Hip Kit included a package of the Wood Veneer Banners from Studio Calico. Here are a couple layouts I created using these banner pieces...


I really like how the wood veneer shapes add dimension to layouts and how versatile they are. I really like the look of them in their naked state, but you can also change them up a bit with paper or ink. On this layout I mixed it up...some natural wood, some covered in paper, some embellished with a button.


And for this layout, I added in some stickers, the photo, and that cute button card from Crate Paper for a big banner stitched down across the page.


My hubby gave me an Instax camera for my birthday in January, so I'm having a lot of fun shooting pictures with that...and love how the little photos look used in projects. Such a fun size!
Here's a layout I created with some of my recent Instax photos and the wood banner pieces...


I covered the banner pieces with patterned paper from the Hip Kit, sanded the edges & 'strung' the pieces up with bakers twine...


I adore this Amy Tangerine paper that was included in the kit...


On this card I used a couple of the natural wood banner pieces behind the blossom as an accent & to add a bit more dimension (not really a banner...but thought I'd share another way I used the banner pieces)...



Thanks for stopping by, friends. Wishing you a banner of a day!
xoBC

2 comments:

  1. Saw a fabric banner made out of the embroidered parts of old linens that made my heart leap -- now I can't wait to try it! Thanks for all inspiration, Beth!

    ReplyDelete