Thursday, March 3, 2011

Hello March

Oh my! Time flies! How are you friends? Hope you've had a happy & creative last couple of weeks...and that March is off to a grand start for you.

Here the birds are starting to sing in the morning, the purple crocus and pistachio colored hellebores are blooming in our garden and the daffodils and jonquils are starting to sprout up from the wet dirt. Spring is getting near and that makes me sooooo happy!

Another thing that makes me happy? My '10 Favorites' layout was featured last week on Write.Click.Scrapbook. (Thanks Lisa!) I think it's about time I create a new layout of my current favorites!

I've had loads of creative stuff going on in my life lately...I just need more hours in my day to work on all the fun ideas and projects buzzing around in my head!
For now, here are a few of my most recent projects created with the January Hip Kit...


(I absolutely adore this old photo of our Godson, Alex. Love this sweet boy.)


A flap from one of the Maya Road envelopes in the kit was perfect for a hidden journaling spot. I painted and distressed the little chipboard birds and cut a leaf (from the Sassafras Garden Bits Chipboard) in half to use for little wings. Love these little bluebirds of happiness!



I found this quote on Ali Edwards' blog...and the font is her fantastic handwriting.
{I don't want to get to the end of my life and find that I just lived the length of it. I want to have lived the width of it as well. - Diane Ackerman} Isn't that a fabulous quote?


This next layout features a photo of our beautiful nieces who were the flower girls at our wedding...ten years ago. I don't think it took too much encouraging to get this sassy photo of them!



For one of the flowers in this cluster, I just deconstructed one of the Maya Road Gingham Fabric Blossoms... 


For our double page layout  this month, the team used this CK sketch for inspiration...


Here's what I came up with...

For this layout, I deconstructed one of the pink Maya Road Gingham Blossoms. This time I took the blossom completely apart to create the fabric ties...




 A couple of cards...



And a fun mini book...








Thanks for stopping by friends! Hope to see you soon.
xoBC

2 comments:

  1. Love that quote. :-)
    I didn't know you and Jerry are Alex's God parents!! Sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi Bethany! Wow!! What a bunch of awesome stuff you've shared! :) :) I love what you do with the MR envvies - the lo of your nephew Alex - adorable!! The flowers on the "little imps" lo - fabulous! Love your bits of stitching & all the wonderful details for my eye to stop and admire. Beautiful cards & fun mini too!! :)

    ReplyDelete