Thursday, March 10, 2011

My Color Challenge

Hi friends!
Today the Citrus Tree Studio Design Team is kicking off another round of challenges. For March, I have a color challenge to share...and it is not green!
My color palette was inspired by these photos I saw on Pam Garrison's blog...




Which also reminded me of this fabulous picture from greenweddingshoes.com...


How fun is that?! I want to be invited to that party!
Based on this pretty color palette, I created some cards.
The first card features Basic Grey's 'Boy Band' patterned paper from their Hopscotch collection, 'Love Notes' from the Sassafras Paper Crush collection and a Cosmo Cricket chipboard button.


The next card features My Mind's Eye 'Mabel' paper from their Stella and Rose collection, and bits of paper from Crate Paper...'Playdate' from the new Toy Box collection and 'Quilts' from the new Emma's Shoppe collection (bits I was lucky to get at CHA...I ADORE these new collections!!). The round doily sticker is from a Studio Calico kit (designed by Crate Paper for SC) and the pretty butterfly is a vintage piece from an old Jenni Bowlin kit.


And the third card features a mix of pretty papers from the My Mind's Eye Fine and Dandy collection, a die cut from their Lost and Found collection, some pink tulle I purchased at Impress and a vintage button.



I hope you play along with my color challenge this month! You can get all the details about the prize that's up for grabs from Citrus Tree Studio here....plus there's a new sketch challenge and a new technique challenge (which involves canvas, YAY!) posted, so go check it out & join in on the fun!

Happy Crafting,
xoBC

3 comments:

  1. OOH what a fun challenge! I love the color palette...very springy! Your cards are so very cute...great job!! And I'm with you...I'd love to be at that party!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. love all your color combos (I love CC and MME) and the addition of the tulle...:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful colors and beautiful cards!

    ReplyDelete