Monday, October 4, 2010

Put on your party hat, my pretties...

...and celebrate the arrival of October & all of fall's goodness!
We're back from vacation & settling in. I love the change of the season between summer and fall. Bright pumpkins, dark crimson dahlias, chunky wool sweaters, crisp mornings & sunny afternoons. I pulled out some fall decor & am transforming the house into a cozy little nest. I don't have many Halloween specific decorations, but I pulled this from a shelf in my studio...
This hat that I created is definitely for a good witch...a very stylish, good witch! Some of the roses are made out of pages from an old french novel. And I love, love, love the green Dupioni ribbon from Midori that pops against the black & cream.
I'm excited to do some more fall nesting & get back in my studio to work on some fall crafty projects. And I guess it's not too early to start working on Christmas projects too! Hope to have some fun things to share very soon, including projects from the fabulous Hip 2-B Square September Hip Kit!
Enjoy your day my friends!
xoBC

3 comments:

  1. This is fabulous!!! The rolled flowers are wonderful and I love all the tulle. Great project!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. This is stunning. Love the flowers , love the colors. Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want this hat! It's awesome and I can guarantee you will be the most stylish witch around. Love the handmade flowers too! :)

    ReplyDelete