Monday, March 7, 2011

I Heart Washi Tape

Seriously, I love this stuff...and anything remotely similar, i.e. Tim Holtz's Tissue Tape, 7Gypsies Paper Tape, American Crafts Mixed Tape and this, that I spotted at CHA...

New Decorative Washi Tape from Hambly Screen Prints


I must get my hands on this...I sort of squealed when I saw it. :)
Completely love the birds on the wire!


And this from Smash Book...


That totally sums up how I feel about Washi Tape.

Cath over at Moxie Fab World (loving all the inspiration over there!) had another challenge that I played along with. The challenge is to create a project using decorative tape in an innovative way. So I pulled out some washi tape that I bought from PrettyTape on Etsy, a roll of Tim Holtz Tissue Tape and a couple of stamps.


I wove the tapes together and stamped over it with some black StazOn ink. The washi tape that looks like a weird mustard-y color is really more of a chartreuse green and much prettier in real life. I also embossed the stamped images with clear embossing powder to give it a more finished look.

There's still time to play along with Cath's challenge...the deadline is midnight EST today. Some of that yummy Hambly Decorative Washi Tape is up for grabs!

xoBC

5 comments:

  1. Hey Bethany! Thanks for entering the Get Daring with Decorative Tape challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ummm, yeah, Bethany?? This card is so hip and fun and happy and I'm totally diggin' it!!! love that you stamped your image on top of the tape(s)!! :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bethany, this is so adorable! Love how you used all those cool deco tapes :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh! So cool. I just ordered my first batch of washi tape from etsy. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the stamp over washi tape! What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete