Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Remember Me?


Hi friends! Happy June! June...Oh my...have I really been MIA for that long?!?
Blogging to me is sorta like exercise, if I get in a good routine it just becomes second nature...but boy, it is soooooo easy to slip and get out of the habit! So...THANK YOU, friends who have not forgot about me. Friends who have checked back continually, then nudged me and said 'what the heck are you up to?!?' and 'are you ever going to blog again?!?' For you I am so very, very grateful...thank you for your support & encouragement to share what goes on in my crafty world!

With that said...I've got some catch up sharing to do!
For today, going to share a few projects that I created using the March Hip Kit from Hip 2B Square. This was such a fun kit to work with...a perfect kit to kick-off spring. Colorful paper, fabulous embellishments...a kit sprinkled with products from Pink Paislee, Studio Calico, My Mind's Eye, Echo Park, Jillibean...some of my favorites!

I absolutely LOVE the Pink Paislee House of 3 'Daily Junque' collection (it was one of my favorite lines from CHA!). With the pretty colors & collage elements, this paper really does all the work for you!


I added some dimension by using some extra pieces I cut from other papers in the kit with a few pop dots, a few fun embellishments & some Studio Calico Mister Huey in 'AppleJack' and 'Lunch Tray' - which was part of the March Add-On Kit. I have a big crush on Mister Huey right now...it's by far my favorite misting ink!


For my journaling spot, I just stitched a few random lines...and left the thread tails to match the 'messy' style of the page. Totally love that old photo of my sis and I & the vintage vibe of the 'Daily Junque' paper is perfect!


Here are a few of the cards I created using elements from the Pink Paislee papers...






Did I mention that I have a crush on Mister Huey?? On this next layout, I used some 'School House' red Mister Huey to color the Studio Calico wood veneer hearts & to create the negative 'A'. The color saturation of this Studio Calico mist is fantastic...and it doesn't warp the paper like so many other mists do.




Tomorrow I'll share a couple more layouts & a couple more cards that I created with this March Hip Kit...plus a small canvas piece that I made with some of the new Pink Paislee tissue paper & Daily Junque line!

Wishing you a very happy & creative day...
xoBC

2 comments:

  1. YAY! You're back! :-) Is that a photo of your niece and nephews?! So grown-up now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. first off, let me say that I should be going to the gym more often! I'll get there today, I promise. :) It's great to see your work, Bethany! Your cards and los are wonderful - I love 'em all!!! p.s. You make me want to buy that PP!! :)

    ReplyDelete